The Code Enforcement Department is operated by our Code Enforcer, Dennis Pinnix, in cooperation with our Public Works and Utilities departments. He performs a variety of of technical duties in support of the Town’s code enforcement program; monitors and enforces applicable town ordinances, codes and regulations related to zoning, land use, nuisance housing, building codes, health and safety and other matters of public concern. Serves as a resource and provides information on Town regulations to property owners, residents, businesses and the general public.
Code Enforcement Staff
Dennis Pinnix serves as our interim contract Code Enforcer. Due to the Code Enforcer’s variety of duties he is in and out of the office.
(We are seeking a permanent highly qualified Code Enforcer see Career page for more details)
- Enforcing all of the Town’s ordinances
- Issuing building permits
- Conducting home inspections
- Investigating and following up on citizen complaints
- Ensuring that trash and recycle bins are being properly used
- Conducting setback inspections
- Supervising demolition and removal of dilapidated buildings
- Coordinating with contractors for property cleanup
- Verifying zoning
- Assisting Animal Control with dogs running at large or any other animal issues
- Coordinating tow truck for junk car removal
- Obtaining warrants for customers who interfere/tamper with meters
- Testifying in court on criminal cases
- Processing rezoning applications – which includes posting the property, posting an ad in the newspaper, sending letters to the neighbors of the affected property, attending planning board meetings
- Reviewing site plans
While this is not an exhaustive list of all of the Code Enforcer’s responsibilities, it gives an overview of them.
Contact Code Enforcement
Phone: (336) 578-3443 Ext. 225
PUBLIC HEARING ON AUGUST 13, 2020 – CITIZENS MAY VIRTUALLY ATTEND New meeting ID updated on August 11, 2020 at 4:00pm....
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING ON JULY 9, 2020 – CITIZENS MAY VIRTUALLY ATTEND Due to Covid 19, no citizens will be permitted into...